Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Evaluation of Term 3

Each term has being getting better for me overall in English. I have developed more skills in working with my time management, this I think makes a difference in the way you work and how you do your work. We had worked in depth with the book ‘Cry, the Beloved Country”. When I say in depth I don’t mean doing line by line analysis but I mean by reading with understanding and capturing the big picture. It was a great book to learn due to the reason of me being a South African citizen whose parents and grand-parents were alive during the major struggle. The best project for the term was building Shanty Town and Modern South Africa; it was an eye opening experience to see the low and high life. Together with the play we did was really major fun. Together with exploring the internet during lessons and interacting with the outside world brought the story to reality. It was also nice to watch the movie with reading. One of the poems I did and I doubt I will ever forget is “the Abandoned Bundle”, that is truly a powerful and realistic poem. At the end of the day we should thank Allah for the things he makes possible, I also would like to thank my teacher Mr Sujee who has and always will inspire me. Last but not least to my friends who work closely with me and help willingly.

No comments: