Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Evaluation of Writing a Story Book

This project was given on the bases of a competition at the beginning, unfortunately in life I had lost track of time management and never hand it in on time. Though I did write it during my holidays. It was a very different and tricky assignment. Writing a book is not the same thing as writing an essay, more importantly we were writing it for children, Grade 3-6. My attitude at the beginning was just to get this irritating work out of my face and carry on with life, but after thinking of ideas and SWATING I grew a liking to the work. I decided to try my best and make a good book no matter how much effort I would have to put in or how much enjoyment I would have to sacrifice. This entire year I’ve been trying to improve my ways of speaking and speaking on a higher level. With this book I had to degrade myself to a beginner in reading. I tried to incorporate all issues I remember from my interviews with Apartheid activists as well as what I have read in the book. I successfully completed my story and typed it out. I had then sent it for binding and a few professional inputs to make it look neater. During this process I learnt how to have patience with people especially in the business department. Luckily I handed it in and I am pleased with what I managed to do.

No comments: